LA Montana Islamabad Resturant - Review

/
10 Comments
Hello pretties,

I hope you all are well. Today, I am going to do my first ever food related blog post. I hope you all like it and support this step of mine. There will be a lot of my personal recipes, Restaurant reviews and much more.
They had a nice Prayer area inside

Obviously, I loved the Fish

Today, I am going to review La Montana Restaurant, which is located in Damn e Koh Islamabad. I tried the restaurant for the first time last week and it's safe to say that my experience was very good. It is located right next to infamous Monal Restaurant and I have visited Monal restaurant a couple of times, but standard wise La Montana is far better.

I love nice arrangement of plants and flowers

I reached La Montana at 6:15 pm on a Sunday night. Immediately, we were received by the very welcoming manager and waiters that asked whether we would be interested in the Buffet that consists of more than 40 dishes. Buffet sounded like a good idea, so we opted for that. They comfortably seated us in the waiting room since the Buffet was going to start at 7:00 pm.
I wanted a corner seat to enjoy the view, but all were reserved

The waiting room was a nice sitting area with a full-sized aquarium, beautiful chandeliers and eye-catching decorations. I love fish, so the aquarium was a good time pass for me. My biggest pet peeve is bathrooms. No matter how great the restaurant are, the bathrooms are always a turndown. I usually travel long distances so a visit to the bathroom is necessary. However, the bathrooms in La Montana were clean and hygienic. So, I will give that a plus.


The Salad bar

The buffet was supposed to start at 7:00 clock and they have outside sitting area with canopies and sofa style chairs with the million dollar view of whole Islamabad. We sat outside for 15 minutes because the dinner started late. There was a decent crowd since it was 25th of December and many people visited them.


The food was lavish with many varieties of dishes. There were 5-6 types of salads, sauces and chutneys. Desi cuisines like nihari, haleem, chicken karahi and mutton karahi. Chinese dishes including chicken manchurian, egg fried rice, chicken oyster, chowmen, steaks and much more.
My favourite corner

There was Street food variety too such as jalebi, chana chaat, dahi bharay and gol gapay. My favourite was the BarbQ section including malai boti, chicken tikka, seekh kebab and fried fish. Sweet dish section had gajar halwa, zarda, kheer and 6-7 kinds of pastries and cakes.


The standard and taste of the food were very good, not too spicy since I hate spicy food. The food tasted delicious and fresh and the staff assured us that the food was freshly made. The pricing was ok not too over the top like monal restaurant.


Their charges for the buffet was 1600-1800 for two people. We were three people in total and our final bill was 3800 including all charges. So, it was OK priced for me. Overall I liked the experience at La Montana restaurant and would definitely recommend you all try them out for sure.
Street food corner

Note: I couldn't photograph all the dishes since the buffet started and everyone was at the tables to take food and it wasn't nice to photograph the pics of food, while people were standing there eating.

I would rate La Montana Restaurant a 4.5/5.


Did you like this post? Have you tried La Montana Restaurant? Would you try them out now? Don't forget to comment.


You may also like

10 comments:

  1. Very well. Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the detail blog post sister very informative and will try La MONTANA next time am in Islamabad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mouth watering n beautiful hope to visit soon love this section of your blog keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a super post .. I really loved it your thoughts.So I have a best experienced from your blog.But my friends I am facing some problem how to make meat recipe for my relatives.That is why Recently I have visited through so many fresh meat suppliers website but not get enough informative information.So Please share your opinion what can I do?

    ReplyDelete