Top 5 Products I Regret Buying

/
7 Comments
Hi Peeps,

I hope you all are well. Today, I am going to do a different kind of post. I will share Top 5 Products I Regret Buying because, either they didn't work for me or they are just bad products. These products might be favourite of yours. However, the opinion is solely mine and the purpose of this post is not to bash any brand, but to make you people aware of some downsides of these products. Read below for a detailed review on these products.

Colour Fix Cream Foundation Contour Palette

You can see everywhere the trend of cream contouring, which is not ending any time soon. The high-end palettes are worth a fortune and let's be honest, they are not affordable for everyone. So, different brands are coming out with cheaper dupes, which claim to be as good as the original ones. I wanted to try the cream contouring trend too, but in pocket-friendly pricing, so I got this palette by a UK brand Colour Fix.


Ok, so the first thing I noticed about this palette is that the color variety is so bad. The shades would hardly match any complexion as a foundation. The shades are too white based to look nice on any complexion. The next thing was bad greasy texture. Unless you like looking like a grease ball, I will say not to get this palette.


The coverage is so bad that it blends to almost nothing with just a hint of a white cast. The only wearable shade is the brown contour shade in the bottom row and would work as a contour shade. However, it's too muddy and patchy that I would tell you to save yourself from the suffering and don't invest on this 4£ palette.

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in shade 006 Warm Beige

Firstly, the color range in this powder is bad. Even the dark shades look like white flour on your face. Only the translucent shade might work for you. This powder is a holy grail powder for the oily skin ladies and I know it was not going to work for my super dry skin, but I had to try.


Secondly, the texture of the powder is so chalky. It feels like applying ground chalk on your face. My skin is more of a combination type in summer with an oily t-zone, but still, this powder is too dry. I have given enough chances to this powder to have my mind changed about it, but every time this powder allows me to dislike it even more.


This powder sucks the life out of your face. Even on the oily area of the face it looks patchy, dry and barren like I am ill. It emphasises any kind of fine lines and dryness on your face. Unless your skin is super oily, I will recommend you not to try this 900+Rs price tagged powder.

Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer in Hydrating Primer

Ok so the time when Makeup Forever released their Skin Equalizer primer line, beauty gurus all over the world won't stop hyping about it. The appreciation towards these primers was unending. Everyone was mentioning how great the Hydrating Primer is perfect for dry skin and explaining the benefits like it was some gold elixir or something. So, it was obvious I had to try it too.


Firstly, I know this is a high-end brand and the prize is prone to be high, but 2800Rs for a travel size is an atrocity. The primer practically does nothing for your skin. It gives a little hydration, which your skin absorbs in two seconds. I mean if you just want to invest in a good moisturizer then why buy this tiny sized product at such expensive price. Instead, you can get 250ml bottles at the half price of this primer's worth.


I don't know why, but this primer stings my face every time I use it. It must contain coconut extract or something that I am allergic to. So, if you have sensitive skin, this primer will definitely sting your face. I would recommend you to leave the thought of buying this primer because it does nothing for your skin instead it stings your face.

Makeup Revolution Lip Lava Liquid Lipstick

I love Makeup Revolution brand and they make one of my favourite drugstore products out there. From their, I Heart Makeup line the Wow Sticks are my favourite, but on this product, I will say I have to pass. I think even the brand knows how not good the product is because I hardly see it anymore.


Around 500Rs price tagged product feels literally like Elmer's glue on your lips that never dries. I don't know why they are calling it liquid lipstick because it comes off so quick, meaning bad staying power. The product ends up on your hair, your teeth, your chin, everywhere. I don't know why anyone would want to buy such a messy product.


I know the price is very affordable, so I can't complain about the cheap packaging. However, the packaging is so cheap that the tube exploded in a week of its purchase and now it leaks everywhere and I have no option, but to throw it away. So, a big no-no to this product.

Bourjois Twist 2-in-1 Wand Waterproof Mascara

I have tried 3000Rs worth mascaras and I have tried 500Rs worth mascaras and according to my experience the cheaper the mascara is, the better it works. This mascara however was one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. It's not all the mascara's fault though. 90% of the fault is the counter lady's who forced me to buy this mascara even when I wanted to get the Essence I Love Extreme one, which I eventually bought and it's the best mascara I have ever got.


I asked the lady to give me a new one, but she seeing I wasn't paying attention, gave me the tester, which was already open for months and it dried out the mascara too bad. I was very angry on this fraud of D-Watson blue area workers. Definitely, will recommend Islamabad dwellers to avoid buying makeup from there. 


So, back to mascara since it was almost dried out and not much product in the container, the application was very clumpy and crumbly, which I hated. The concept of the mascara was interesting with the twist-up wand to give length and volume. However, it was nothing special any other cheaper mascara can't give.


The bad experience of getting a dried out mascara plus that too of the price tag of plus 2000Rs, I won't try this mascara again since I already have found my holy grail mascara. If you still will be interested in it then go ahead and get this mascara, but make sure you get a new piece.


Did you like this post? Would you like me to do more of these posts? Have you tried any of these products? Don't forget to give you valuable feedback. 






You may also like

7 comments:

  1. Aw!! Bad to know about the quality of such products which are costly plus they are of well known brands. Do share more posts like this. I must be very helpful :) loved the detailed post with their result in the form of pictures :) (y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou soo much love. I will definitely be doing more of these posts now :)

      Delete
  2. Its interesting info that u shared with us... it is most important for us to know about such expensive products which are useless due to bad quality... Thanks Love ... im looking forward for that type of imformative posts in future..thanks alot��❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou soo much for reading my post. I will definitely do more of these posts now seeing good response from you guys :)

      Delete
  3. u didnt like rinmel stay matte ? well there definitely are better options couldnt understand why everyone loves it lol n this was a great post liked it alot specially as i wanted to try the lip lava 500 saved. why u didnt change your mascara i once got a dried mascara from dwatson n thy changed it ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. u didnt like rinmel stay matte ? well there definitely are better options couldnt understand why everyone loves it lol n this was a great post liked it alot specially as i wanted to try the lip lava 500 saved. why u didnt change your mascara i once got a dried mascara from dwatson n thy changed it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea lol everyone seems to like it but I hated it for my skin type. The Loreal true match mascara is soo much better. And love I live in a different city. It was months gonr when I visited the store again :)

      Delete