Skin18 Skincare Products - Review

/
5 Comments
Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.  You all know how much I love trying Skincare products even when I am super lazy in taking care of my skin.  I believe in the power of Skincare that taking care of your Skin is more important than applying good Makeup.  If your skin will be healthy and good,  your makeup will automatically look good. I joined the Skin18 Bloggers program a few weeks back.  They have a Blogger program where they send their products to Bloggers to try out and give their honest review.  I was sent these products by Skin18 for PR purposes though my review is 100% honest and I will never lie that I like a product,  just because I got it for free.  Read below for my honest review on skin18 products.


Product & Packaging

I received sheet masks and a syringe from Skin18.  The syringe has a good plastic packaging and it holds the product securely and I have no issues with the syringe leaking the product. Similarly, the sheet masks are in good quality plastic - foil covers that contain the sheets masks nicely and nothing leaks and the covers don't get damaged easily.  If you plan on staying while travelling and look forward to taking care of your skin,  then you can easily carry these masks in your bag for Skincare on the go. 

My Review

Skin18 is a Hong Kong based company which have its respective offices in the USA and China and deliver all over the world.  Skin18 aims at providing Korean beauty products around the world with affordability.  You can find hundreds and thousands of products on the Skin18 website from multiple Korean brands ranging from sheet masks to toners,  face washes to moisturisers.  In fact, any product that is used to make your skin better,  you can find on Skin18 websites.  They have products that are totally good for your skin and doesn't harm it in any way. 

Discounted priced products,  cash coupons,  freebies,  reward programs,  1$ product collections,  Skin18 has products in every category to make your life and Skincare regime easy,  without costing you a fortune.  They have free delivery over 60$ all around the world and the more you shop the more you get free products to try out. 

I was sent three sheet masks,  a nose strip and a syringe to try out by Skin18.  They randomly send you products from different categories to try out.  I received my products within 16 days from them and I kept them aside to try them out on Eid to review them.  I tried a sheet mask and a nose strip before Eid and my mum forced me into letting her try the anti-ageing horse oil mask  since she was stern that anti-ageing products are more effective for her :P



How my mum and I used these products are,  we cleansed our face using a cleanser as instructed and then applied the sheet masks on our face.  The masks stuck to our faces nicely and even though my mum and I have big faces,  the sheet masks were big enough to cover our whole faces.  There were slits for the eyes, nose and mouth area.  It is written as optional on the back of the masks to massage the product in your face and you can also wash it. However,  the sheet masks were very sticky because of the serum,  so I massaged the residue into my face,  let it sit for 10 more minutes and washed my face with water only. Even though the sheet masks stick to your face nicely, but if you try to move around they will slip and come off. So,  I will suggest you lie down while wearing sheet mask and enjoy your Skincare treatment.



SOC Animal Cutie Mask Pack Anti-Ageing Horse Oil


I was quite hesitant to use this mask because of the ingredient Horse Oil. However,  then I thought the horse is halal.  There shouldn't be any problem using it. When I finally planned on using it,  my mum told me the second that she is trying this mask and that I don't even think about it lol. I let her use the mask.  She cleansed her face,  then I applied the mask to her face and she wore it for good 25 mins.



Here are the claims of this mask:

Main Features of SOC Animal Cutie Mask Pack includes Extra Moisturising, Whitening, Strengthen skin immunity system, Anti-wrinkle, Increase elasticity for bouncy skin, Balance skin for a less sensitive level, Anti-ageing, Nutritional supplements, Deep Clean and much more

On top of the natural facial mask sheet, non-toxin natural ingredient ink made with plants was used to print animal's pattern.  This not only adds much fun to the home facial process, it can also put on additional nutrition to the mask sheet.




My mum told me that she felt a cooling sensation when she first wore the mask and it lasted up to 10 mins and in this hot weather the mask felt very good.  The fabric of the sheet mask was good when I tried stretching it didn't get loose or tore apart. I was afraid that the fabric might loose its colour of the Horse one the face, but nothing like that happened. 

 My mum's skin felt very moisturised,  clean and slightly brightened . It also tightened her skin a little and her skin was very soft and supple.  I didn't see any clear anti-ageing effect,  maybe if she uses this mask four to five times it would be better.  I give this mask a thumbs up and it's definitely worth your money to try.  It retails for 2.50$ and you can buy it here. 



LomiLomi 7 Skin Scheduler Mask - Wednesday ( Grape - Whitening Mask )

I tan a lot in summer even though I don't go out much, my complexion gets very dull. I am not a fan of whitening products,  but I do like products that brighten and take your tan off.  My face is darker as compared to my body that could be hormonal.  I was very excited to try this mask out first.  It has a faint bubblegum smell.  I cleansed my face and then I wore it for 25 mins according to the instructions.



Here are the claims of this mask:

This is a highly enriched product of aloe and skin activators, and nutritional contents on the sheet with excellent skin adhesion. It cares oil and moisture, blocks toxic substances to skin and makes moisturising and elastic skin.' 

Wednesday  [Whitening (Grape)] - Wednesday, nearly time of tiredness. For falling dark circles and dulling skin tone, Transparently shine from the inside! This is a highly enriched product of Grape Fruit Extract and skin activators, and nutritional contents on the sheet with excellent skin adhesion and absorption.  It cares oil and moisture, blocks toxic substances to skin and makes a moisturising and elastic skin.




The name of the mask claims as a whitening mask,  but the product doesn't claim to be whitening. The mask has a very cooling effect when applied and is good for puffiness. The mask is cut in the shape where there is extra cloth for under eyes which usually face masks don't have. So it claims that way of brightening dark circles. The residue left was very sticky after the mask so I had to wash my face after 10 mins. 

The sheet mask made my skin very soft,  smooth and hydrated.  I have very dry skin,  but it felt hydrated after using the mask and even when I washed my face with just water the hydration stayed for few hours.  It brightened my skin a bit though I didn't see any visible whitening effect. It deep cleaned my face and over all I like this mask,  so I definitely recommend this.  You can buy this mask for 2.45$ here. 




Luke Mugwort Nose Cleansing Strip

I have the worst black heads in the existence of mankind.  No, I am not exaggerating,  I have the most stubborn blackheads and whiteheads on my nose and on areas around my nose. I have tried every remedy out there to remove blackheads and also the nose  strips out there.  However, nothing is successful in removing my blackheads to a great extent.  So,  I was not sure about the nose strip that will it even work.  I gave it a try, drenched my nose in waster because just by wetting the nose it wasn't sticking. After applying it for 20 mins I removed it. 

The Nose strip claims:

 - Clean pores, Remove blackheads on nose, Minimise and tighten pores

- Sooth skin relieves irritation tighten pores after cleansing

- Pore cleanser

- Remove dirt and unclog pores

- Comes in variety of flavours Charcoal, Mugwort and Lemon Tea Tree

Mugwort is good for combination, normal skin. If you have sensitive skin, please try to use Lemon Tea Tree or Charcoal instead.  This nose strip might not be good for those who is sensitive with ragweed, sage, honey, latex, etc.



Ingredients include Vitamin E & Aloe Vera extract to sooth skin, liquorice root extract to relieve irritation and hamamelis Virginia to tighten pores after cleansing. 

My first impression was the hospital like scent it had.  I am not a big fan of hospital smell,  but luckily it lingered for few seconds only.  When I applied the strip the smell was gone. I have very dry skin while my nose gets oily in summer and my skin is quite sensitive too. Though it is not for my skin type,  but it didn't cause any irritation or excessively dried my nose.  It didn't hurt at all while removing the strip so it's totally pain-free.

When I removed the strip I was sure it will not remove all of my stubborn blackheads,  but it did.  I was shocked to see how nicely it removed 90% of my blackheads and how clear my nose looked after such a long time. According to its claims it did tighten my pores and they appeared smaller.  I saw all the gunk of black and whiteheads on the strip which was proof that it did work.  I am sorry that I forgot to take before and after pics of the miracle of nose strip.  I give this nose strip a thumbs up.  It retails for 0.65$ and you can shop it here. 



Mirum Fresh Fruit Acai Berry Real Natural Mask 

To be honest these sheet masks are actually the very first sheet masks I have ever tried.  So,  they made up my mind a lot about the sheet masks that whether they are better than masks that are available in containers or not.  This was the second sheet mask I tried.  It has a big hydrating word written over it which attracts dry skin people like me.  In my any skincare regime last and important step is hydration.  I used this mask like I used other masks,  that is cleansed my face,  wore this mask for 25 mins, let the serum absorb into my skin after I removed the mask and then I washed my face with just water. 

These are the claims of this sheet mask:

- Vitality & Freshness

- Acai Berry Extract – provides the skin with lustre and softness

- Anthocyanin ingredients contained in Acai berry can help you regain lovely and young skin. High density and compact mask to provide skin with lustre and softness



This is actually the first mask that proves what it claims. The mask was again very cooling and refreshing on the skin.  This mask is a white sheer mask of good fabric. It has a very faint fruity smell that goes away when you wear the mask. 

This sheet mask made my dry skin very hydrating and soft,  the softness and hydration lasted for more than a day. It refreshed my dull skin and my skin looked very clean and fresh. Due to this mask, all the oil of my T-zone got absorbed and my skin looked very healthy.  This is my favourite sheet mask of all the products I tried.  It is a freebie mask,  so if you pay for the shipping, you get this mask absolutely free from here. 



Ben & Sera 30 days Anti-ageing Project Serum

I am 24 and yet no signs of ageing have shown yet,  but I am keen to use anti-ageing products since it's better to prevent ageing than to cure it. I have loose skin under my eyes and have laugh lines.  Which if not cared for will start causing wrinkles in 10 years. Having dry skin means you will get wrinkles sooner so it's better to start treatment for its prevention. 

This anti-ageing serum claims:

A secret drop to solve all skin problems for age 30's or over: Pimples, Sagged Pores, Oil Control, Fine Wrinkles, Rough Skin, Seburn Control, Blemishes, Dead Skin Cell, Dry Skin, Freckle, Sweat Pores, Skin Tightness, Sagged Skin, Dark Skin Tone, Sun Spot, Wrinkles, Itchy Spot. Remember - not too much and JUST ONE DROP can function of skin firming, anti-wrinkle, skin brightening



I am a lazy person by nature and I find it hard to follow a skincare regime on a daily basis.  Whenever I care for my skin I need quick results.  I have used this serum three times now and this is what I can say about it.  It has a very gooey gel to a liquid consistency.  A little bit goes a long way and you don't need a lot to cover up your face.  You can easily use this 3ml syringe to last you 10-15 days. 

They have suggested using this over your moisturiser,  but I find it odd putting something over my moisturiser.  So, I put a drop of this serum in my moisturiser,  mix it,  and then apply it all over my face using it as an eye cream too.  The next day I find my skin very hydrated and little brighter.  The dark circles looked a bit better after three uses and my fine lines felt a bit tighter. I have to use it more to have a final decision about it, but for now, I must say it is a great serum and you can use it on its own too as a moisturiser since it has enough moisture. It retails for 1.20$ and you can buy it here. 


Pros

Very affordable products
You can find a variety of products under one roof
All of their products are tested
Their products contain natural ingredients
 They have amazing offers and discounts for their customers
 Free shipping worldwide on orders worth 60$ +

Cons

Not all of their products contain Halal ingredients 


Final Verdict

I would rate these products a 4.5/5. 
I definitely recommend you all shop from their website and I am sure you can all find something suitable for your skin type.  I will definitely purchase more of the sheet masks and nose strips from their website Skin18.


Did You Like This Post? Have You Tried Any Skin18 Products? Would You Purchase Them? Don't Forget To Comment.


You may also like

5 comments:

  1. Mishall! Your blog posts clearly says that u work really hard for a product review.I'm impressed :D A very thorough and detailed review.Now, these mask sheets are so tempting bcz of their packaging that can invoke anybody to buy these:D Besides packaging, this review covers these products in such a nice way that one can easily make a decision whether to buy these or not.I love to use masks.As they give a very pleasant effect to skin.Thanks for honestly mentioning that not all their products are made up of Halal ingredients.All muslim bloggers out there should keep in mind this thing especially to make muslims aware of what to use and what to not.
    Last but not least,As a whole the review was fantabulous!
    Stay blessed always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great one thanks <3 :)

    ReplyDelete